Wednesday, November 15, 2006

Internet Addiction Disorder

Yes, you read it right; it does say Internet Addiction Disorder. Apparently, it is defined as "any online-related, compulsive behavior which interferes with normal living and causes severe stress on family, friends, loved ones, and one's work environment."

If you feel that you might be suffering from surfing the web too often...then check out this site: www.netaddiction.com. There you may take an online quiz to see if you have the disorder. You may also interact with others who have the problem by participating in an online support group. There are also links for their new podcast and new blog.

I find it somewhat humorous that the site promotes online interaction for an online addiction. By the way, below are the results from the quiz I took:

You are an average on-line user. You may surf the Web a bit too long at times, but you have control over your usage.

1 Comments:

Blogger Amy said...

I got the same response you did. I thought it might be worse until I read some of the questions. I can honestly say that I don't feel sad when I am not online, only to feel joy as soon as I am. Wow.

7:13 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home